MISSION STATEMENT/GOALS & OBJECTIVES
OVRTA/EORTA's mission is to provide reliable, efficient, safe, clean and courteous transportation services to the citizens of the Wheeling urbanized area.
Goals & Objectives
- To consitently seek to increase system utilization by the public.
- To operate an efficient and cost effective system.
- To enhance the mobility options of the public.
- To raise the profile of transit in the region by providing ongoing information to the public which illustrates the scope and quality of the service and performance of the system.
- To stabilize and then increase ridership systemwide within existing service levels over time.
- To tailor transit service so that annual operating revenues and subsidies are sufficient to offset yearly operating expenses.
- To prudently leverage Federal and/or State funding with local levy revenues to maintain and/or upgrade service, rolling stock, facility and customer amenities.
- To work at removing, where appropriate, travel constraints facing the elderly and disabled, particularly ADA paratransit eligible individuals.
- To provide transit-related amenities and/or facilities, where warranted and financially practical, to encourage increased transit ridership.
- To identify, for consideration, alternative transportation modes suitable to serve transit needs and markets not currently served by existing system, to better serve residents of the region.
- To work at assuring that transit riders have comparable access, in terms of average travel time, to major destinations in the service area.